Okunma Sayısı: 199
Using a CD?
If you’re using a CD:
- Put the Ubuntu CD into the CD/DVD-drive
- Restart your computer. You should see a welcome screen prompting you to choose your language and giving you the option to install Ubuntu or try it from the CD.
If you don’t get this menu, read the booting From the CD guide for more information.
Using a USB drive?
Most newer computers can boot from USB. You should see a welcome screen prompting you to choose your language and giving you the option to install Ubuntu or try it from the CD.
If your computer does not automatically do so, you might need to hold the F12 key to bring up the boot menu.
Prepare to install Ubuntu
- We recommend you plug your computer into a power source.
- You should also make sure you have enough space on your computer to install Ubuntu.
- We advise you to select Download updates while installing and Install this third-party software now.
- You should also stay connected to the internet so you can get the latest updates while you install Ubuntu.
- If you’re not connected to the internet, we’ll help you set up wireless at the next step.
Set up wireless
If you are not connected to the internet you will be asked to select a wireless network if available. We advise you to connect during the install so we can ensure you machine is up to date.
Allocate drive space
Use the checkboxes to choose whether you’d like to Install Ubuntu alongside another operating system, delete your existing operating system and replace it with Ubuntu, or – if you’re an advanced user – choose the Something else option
Begin the installation
Depending on your previous selections, you can now verify that you have chosen the way in which you would like to install Ubuntu. The installation process will begin when you click the Install Now button.
Ubuntu needs about 4.5 GB to install so add a few extra GB to allow for your files.
Not sure about this step? Windows users can use Wubi, which will install and uninstall Ubuntu in the same way as any other Windows application. It’s simple and safe.
Select your location
If you are connected to the internet this should be done automatically. Check your location is correct and click Forward to proceed. If you’re unsure of your time zone, type the name of the town you’re in and we’ll help you find it.
If you’re having problems connecting to the Internet, use the menu in the top-right-hand corner to select a network.